More Insight

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Conyers: Obstacle to Justice

Rep John Conyers still refuses to decide on whether to move along impeachment hearings against both President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney.



(OFF CAMERA): What is holding you back from beginning impeachment proceedings at this point?

CONYERS: Well, as I have said before, what's holding me back is that I haven't decided to do them. So I think there are enormous consequences involved in this decision, and that's why I haven't arrived at one yet. I don't plan to give any excuse. I haven't made up my mind. How can I tell you why I'm not going to impeachment? I came here, and the first thing out of my mouth was "I haven't decided."

In a January, 2008 letter to Conyers, Robert Wexler urged him to move along with impeachment hearings against Cheney. It's been 6 months: still nothing from Conyers.

In June, Congressman Kucinich offered 35 articles of impeachment against Bush. One month later, with still no action taken, he introduced another, single article of impeachment against Bush. Still nothing.

Biggest obstacle?

It's not the White House.
It's not the GOP.
It is the democrat "leadership," it is John Conyers.

No comments: